After PM Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi-Rahul Gandhi team, its time for cabinet secretary to snub Kalmadi
NDTV gleefully reports in its article Now, Cabinet Secretary snubs Kalmadi
In what is being seeing as another snub for the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Chairman, Suresh Kalmadi, Cabinet Secretary KM Chandrashekhar hosted a 'thanks giving' dinner on Friday where most CWG officials were invited, except Kalmadi.
But look who attended the thanksgiving
The dinner was attended by the Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, Lt Governor Tejender Khanna and the Sports Minister MS Gill.
Does this mean the people who attended the dinner are above suspicion. Now lets look at the facts -
According to the information received in response to an RTI application, out of the total of 22 projects, following are the projects under investigation -
- Highest of 6 were being carried out by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
- 4 by Delhi Development Authority
- 3 by Organising Committee
- 2 by Municipal Corporation of Delhi
- 2 by Central Public Works Department
- 2 by Government of Delhi.
- 1 by Department of Commerce
- 1 by Indian Meteorogical Department
- 1 by New Delhi Municipal Council
An analysis by Chief Technical Examination Wing of CVC earlier found alleged financial and administrative irregularities in 16 construction and procurement projects.
- 6 of them were done by PWD
- 3 by MCD
- 2 by CPWD
- 2 by DDA
- 2 by NDMC
- 1 by RITES, a Government of India Enterprise
So it seems that majority of projects which are under investigation were not under Kalmadis control. Makes one wonder is there a conspiracy to demonize Kalmadi while letting bigger fishes escape?